Can you throw large furniture in a dumpster at my apartment complex?
Do NOT throw you large furniture in a dumpster unless you have expressed permission from the dumpster company, or the person or company who is renting the dumpster. Normal garbage trucks can't handle large furniture. Each dumpster we see has been rented or purchased to haul specific types of material. If material is mixed there can be hefty fines issued to the dumpster company and the renter. Even if the dumpster is being used to haul old furniture you still have to have permission to use it. A large piece of furniture you need removed can take up between three and 10 cubic yards of space which can force the dumpster to get filled before the intended project is complete.
Can't I put my old furniture on the curb to let someone have it for free?
The best answer is to review the local ordinances to make sure you don't get handed a fine for illegally dumping a large piece of furniture. If nobody takes the item it can end up causing more trouble for you. Critters like to make homes in piles of debris, and wet furniture is more difficult to remove so the costs to remove your old furniture may increase if it's left outside in the elements.
Who can I get to remove my old furniture?
There are a few options to remove old furniture:
- Check with your city's sanitation department and see if they offer curbside pick up for large items. Regulations, and the department's capabilities vary depending on the area you are in.
- List your old furniture on social media to sell or give away.
- Donate your old furniture to a charity. More than likely you will have to take it to them yourself.
- Haul your old furniture to the dump yourself. Here's how to do it.
- First beg your friend to borrow their truck.
- Drag your large furniture outside and load it.
- Drive to the right landfill.
- Unload the furniture without banging up your friend's paint job.
- Prepare an apology for picking up a couple nails in your friend brand new tires at the dump.
- Hire a professional junk removal service like Junk Guys USA to take care of your furniture removal.
What can I do with old office furniture, when moving locations?
Most office moves include a large amount of furniture. The first thing you need to do is take inventory. Make a decision on what items you will be taking to furnish your new office. Give some of it away to your employees or a charity. Sell some online. Next figure out if there are items that are broken and mark these for removal. Everything that is left over should be considered for furniture removal by a professional junk removal service like Junk Guys USA which can make the office furniture removal process much easier for you.
Can wood furniture be recycled?
In some cases, yes. There are types of wood that are treated with chemicals which make them difficult to recycle. Others are coated to paint or other finishings which could prevent recycling. The best way to find out what is available in your area is to call your local recycling center.
What kind of old furniture can be removed?
Every type of furniture eventually needs to be disposed of. Some last longer than others and sometimes they can be reused or repurposed. But, eventually furniture needs to be removed and disposed of. There are just a few furniture items Junk Guys USA has helped people get rid of.
- Sofa Beds
- Dining Tables
- Filing cabinets
- China cabinets
- Wall units
- Basketball Nets
- Workout Equipment
If you have broken, old, or just unwanted furniture call Junk Guys USA today for a free guaranteed quote for the removal and disposal. Call today 334-721-5865.